Friday, August 8, 2014

August 8, 2014 - A Day Off from School

In my last blog, I shared that I had been remiss in not taking as many photos as I would have liked during the first week of school. That afternoon, I went around to take a few photos so I could share with all of you about our construction project, especially those of you who are no longer at Hale Kula.

We have been spending a lot of hours at school because we are still moving things from the old office to the new one.  I asked our staff if they had heard any complaints from parents about the long walk to the office or the barriers or the noise, and everyone said they hadn't.  If anything, parents have been sharing that once everything was done, the school would be awesome!  That was so nice to hear; I hadn't heard complaints either so it confirms that we have such wonderful families who realize the importance of this construction project!

Today, all public schools in Hawaii are closed due to Hurricane Iselle and Hurricane Julio.  Imagine that - not one, but two possible hurricanes here in Hawaii!  Right now, it's rainy and the wind is picking up, but it's not so bad here in Central Oahu (though I did see that there is a power outage on Schofield). We secured all the buildings yesterday and made sure everything was closed up tight in the new office. Now, the waiting begins as we weather the storms.

Thought I'd share this picture of the Hope Garden.  The flowers are in bloom and add a lovely touch of color to our campus!
This is a view of one side of the Administration Building.  As you can see, one of the doors is still not installed.  When that door is done, staff can come in through the front door, get their mail from their mailbox, sign in a the counter, and leave through that side door.  This will alleviate some of the traffic in the office in the morning.  By the way, the principal's office is the one directly to the right of that door.  I love my new office and conference room!

This is a view of the classroom building taken from  A-building . . . 

. . . and this is the view from C-building.  As you probably notice, work is more complete on this side.  The roofline will be asymmetrical, similar to the roofline on the administration building. We are hopeful that students will be able to move into this building during the second semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment