Friday, June 6, 2014

First Week of Summer Break is Over

Work is going full-force on our construction project!  Asbestos abatement has begun; exterior painting began today; concrete was poured for half of the second floor classroom building; and electrical work continues.

I won't be on-island next week, so I presume there will be lots of progress while I'm gone.

They've painted the custodial building blue.  The rest of the buildings are not scheduled to be painted blue.  The gray structure is for the electrical switchgear; when the electricity is ready to be turned on, they'll cover the switchgear box.

Getting started on the second floor of the 10-classroom building


Pouring concrete for the second floor of the classroom building  That machine was 55 meters tall!

Workers are just about done with the abatement work in G-building and were ready to do the same in E-building.  I got to go into G-building before they started the abatement work.  It would have been a great time to have Google Glass; I was reminded of ET when I went through the plastic tunnel.

Getting ready to put up the black tarp behind the library.  I guess Mr. Enoki won't be able to have PE class there.

The primer has already been applied to building D.  The one thing I'm sad about the exterior painting is that we lose the artwork which identified the buildings.  We are discussing how we can exhibit student artwork on those empty walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment