Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Day Before Thanksgiving 2014

Well, it's Wednesday, November 26, 2014, the day before Thanksgiving.  I'll be going on a trip to visit family so I won't be updating this blog until I return.

Last week, I wrote that the contractors would be working 4-days although we had a 3-day work week. Well, the weather had the last laugh because work was called off due to heavy rains on Monday.  The workers made up for that lost day, though, and there's been a lot going on during the past two days. Here's what's happening for the past two days; I'm hoping lots of work is completed while I'm gone!

Pouring concrete for the footings for the Library Media/Student Center

It takes teamwork to get the job done!

I am always amazed when I watch them using that super-tall machine for the concrete.  I still can't wrap my brain around how it works!

After working on the Library Media/Student Center, they went over to work on the classroom building.

A different view from the front of the building

The classroom building as viewed from the back of the school. At least one layer of insulation for the roof is completed.  I'm often asked if the classrooms will be air conditioned, and the answer is "No" except for the special education room and the technology center.  Instead, the high ceilings, ample windows, and large fans will cool the rooms.  We'll be saving electricity while we keep the classrooms comfortable for teaching and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment