Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Back at Work - December 8, 2014

After a relaxing vacation from work, I returned to school today to note all the changes that had taken place in our construction project. Being on vacation means that physically, I am not at work, and everyone does their best to not "bother" me with problems.  For that, I am grateful, but I am always a text or an email away if they need me.  They didn't :-)

So I walked around campus today and snapped a few photos of changes that had taken place since I was gone.  First, the barrier around the outdoor dining pavilion was removed, and although we don't have electricity yet, we can use the area for special activities. The furniture has been ordered and will be delivered sometime in early 2015.  Until then, we'll put in some temporary furniture so groups such as JPOs, Greeters' Club, or even classrooms can use that area.
Removing the barrier from the outdoor dining pavilion
There will be a concrete slab in the area that is still barricaded. 
Some areas of the administration building were painted; these accented areas will tie in nicely with the colors on the rest of the buildings.

Work continues to build the infrastructure for the library media/student center. 
The back view of the new classroom building.  
On Wednesday, there will be a concrete pour for the walkway for the new classroom building which will eventually tie in to A-building (once P17 is removed during the summer).
A view of the classroom building from the parking lot fronting the school - I still find it amazing how quickly everything is coming together!

No comments:

Post a Comment